GENERAL WORKER IN CANADA
Northern College of Applied Arts and Technology
gulfdemand.com is an online jobs board. Here you can find work opportunities in gulf by searching through thousands of vacancy listings or browsing job offers classified by industry.
We are not an employment agency we merely offer gulf employers an opportunity to post a free vacancy listing on our website and allow job seekers to effectively find the posted job offer and apply for that position.
COUNTRY : CANADA
Company : Northern College of Applied Arts and Technology
SALARY : $1500 – $5500
Apply On Company Site
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
DUTIES: Reporting to the Manager, Plant and Property the incumbent will:
- perform semi-skilled and skilled work in tasks usually associated with one or more of the skilled trades;
- ensure that health and safety and quality standards are met in operation and control of grounds and grounds equipment, and building systems/equipment; and
- ensure that repairs/maintenance, and services are completed in a timely manner to ensure the safety of staff and students. perform routine building maintenance such as but not limited to; painting, masonry work; plumbing repairs, carpentry, maintaining door hardware, snow removal /sanding / groundskeeping;
- operate all types of equipment, including tractors, walk behind equipment, and vehicles
- operating and repairing small power/hand tools;
- perform repairs to grounds equipment such as lawnmowers, tractors, trimmers, chainsaw, sanders, sweepers and snow removal equipment; and
- moving of equipment and furniture
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services.
- The successful applicant will possess a 1 year certificate or equivalent in a related field.
- The successful applicant will have a minimum of two years of practical experience in large building maintenance with the ability to operate hand and power tools associated with maintenance and repair to buildings and operating grounds equipment.
- The incumbent must possess a Small Engine Repair Certificate, a valid ‘G’ driver’s licence, Standard First Aid/ CPR / AED.
- Working at Heights and Elevated Work Platform training would be considered assets.
- Well developed analytical, problem solving, negotiation and teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The incumbent will be a self-starter and be able to function in a busy environment.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Be careful – Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious email us firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note : For Applying the job please go through the job that suits you from the webpage and read the instruction carefully, fill up your details, provide us your RESUME so that we can know you. We will email you once you are approved. Thank you for your concern gulfdemand.com
Disclaimer : By using gulfdemand.com you agree to the following: gulfdemand provides a free service which should be accepted as is. All the job information is provided by the respective employers, we are not responsible for the accuracy of the information like salary, job requirements and description. Under no circumstances will gulfdemand.com be responsible for any direct or indirect loss resulting from the use of our website and services.