URGENT WANTED IN CANADA
Sandman Hotel Group
gulfdemand.com is an online jobs board. Here you can find work opportunities in gulf by searching through thousands of vacancy listings or browsing job offers classified by industry.
We are not an employment agency we merely offer gulf employers an opportunity to post a free vacancy listing on our website and allow job seekers to effectively find the posted job offer and apply for that position.
Join our team and enjoy the many benefits of working for Canada’s fastest-growing, privately-owned hospitality company, including a competitive employee compensation package, diverse employee schedules, and internal corporate career advancement. If you are looking for a future career in hospitality, then the Sandman Hotel Group is for you.
The Maintenance Worker will be responsible for performing general building and property maintenance. The duties will include Routine Maintenance of pools, hot tubs and the boiler room. Servicing heating, ventilation and air conditioning units. Drywall repairs and painting, caulking and apply silicone when needed. Replace light bulbs and fixtures as needed. Respond to guest’s maintenance requests to improve their stay. The Maintenance Worker needs to be competent with using hand and power tools and work to a WHMIS Health and Safety Standard. Personal protection equipment MUST be used in compliance with Work Safe regulations.
- Must have a valid Drivers’ License and own vehicle.
- High school diploma/GED.
- 2 years of maintenance experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the operation and maintenance of buildings.
- Overtime as required.
- Sweep, mop, polish, refinish resilient floors, vacuum and shampoo carpeted areas, perform all cleaning aspects of halls, offices, board rooms, restrooms, lunchroom and auditoriums as well as wash walls, windows and window coverings.
- Perform regular property inspections of the hotel including common areas, building exterior, and landscape.
- Collect and dispose of all garbage and recyclables.
- Responsible for vandalism clean up and repair, within skill level.
- Maintain heating and air conditioning systems, boilers, pumps, fan units, control panels, thermostats, cooling towers, etc.
- Maintain working knowledge of environmental safeguards and alarm systems.
- Maintain fire alarms and extinguishers.
- Prepare and set up rooms or auditoriums for meetings, parties, or various other activities and clean up afterwards.
- Maintain outside grounds (remove snow, ice, and debris, spray and remove weeds, sweep and clean gutters, water and maintain sprinkling systems)..
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervisor.
- Prepare, paint and decorate interior and exterior surfaces, as required.
- Drywalls repairs and caulking.
- Ability to perform small repairs
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels.
- Must be familiar with cleaning products.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Interact with management, co-workers, and public.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 25 pounds.
Extended Medical, Dental, Health Care (STANDARD HOTEL PACKAGE)*
- For Full Time Employment Only
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.
**Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.
**We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Be careful – Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious email us email@example.com .
Note : For Applying the job please go through the job that suits you from the webpage and read the instruction carefully, fill up your details, provide us your RESUME so that we can know you. We will email you once you are approved. Thank you for your concern gulfdemand.com
Disclaimer : By using gulfdemand.com you agree to the following: gulfdemand provides a free service which should be accepted as is. All the job information is provided by the respective employers, we are not responsible for the accuracy of the information like salary, job requirements and description. Under no circumstances will gulfdemand.com be responsible for any direct or indirect loss resulting from the use of our website and services.